Battle Plan Roll 6s

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Black Templars Rumor

from Bols

Ghost has said that BT are due out before Tau, presumably the next codex. He also said:
due to them sitting done for nearly 8 months?... n honestly sword brethren are nice

kits for sword brethren n nophytes(sp) as ive said im more of a xenos guy but ill provide what i know, vows are less restrictive

i also saw things for something called knights of the inner circle (or something along those lines).. they were named each came from a successor chapter, n the guy who lead them was a bt... it was interesting but as usual salt applies

Originally Posted by Mirbeau
Not as big! But more bizarre! (unless you play fantasy...). That's most of what I know about it. Speculating from that - big buffing thing with a howdah ?!



A bit more for now - in regards to the 'neophytes' (if they continue with that name), I heard they were finecast. Whilst it would leave room for another plastic kit, I hope this isn't true.

Dark Angels are not at all on my radar, doesn't mean they aren't happening anytime soon, but I haven't heard a thing, if ghost's heard anything it is likely to do with black templars.

by Jared van Kell

A little but nothing solid. What I have heard.

- Phil Kelly is writing the Codex.
- More emphasis on the horde aspect of the army with lots of large units of Initiates and Neophytes.
- Emperors Champion is more in line with the company champion of the Grey Knights but is still 2 wounds. Gains preferred enemy against independent characters and monstrous creatures.

I will let you know as I hear more.

Some additional bits.

- I forgot to mention the Rightous Zeal rule could be changing to be more along the lines of the Rage USR. Something along the lines of if they fail a Ld test then they are subject to Rage and must advance towards the nearest enemy unit. As yet the details are sketchy.

- All the current special characters (ie: Helbrect and Grimaldius) will remain. Also I had heard of an mention of a special character who is like the greatest of all of the Emperor's Champions and the greatest warrior in the Black Templars. I had heard mention of a bike mounted special character with a lance like weapon but I cannot confirm this yet. "

Originally Posted by superdupermatt
-Certain units to get Rage USR is one I've heard repeatedly. (foolishly didn't see the first post... oops!)

-Sword Brethren are to get a special rule where when they are assaulted the enemy unit has to re-roll all* successful hits, at the expense of 1 attack. It's called "parry".

-Land Raiders, when suffering a 5 or 6 on the damage chart* (so "wrecked" or "destroyed") gets one more turn where it rampage, think along the lines of the machine spirit going bezerk.

-No horses as far as I am aware, bikes would be the direction (if any at all) for riding knights.
There is a named Emperor's Champion, he's meant to be the longest living EC in the Black Templars history, or somesuch.

*I'll seek clarification as it doesn't quite seem right in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment